Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Splurge!

First off, Happy New Year!!

Yes, yes I know its January 19th but I feel like I've just realised, and I've had a cold for 3 weeks. No amount of fresh orange juice seems to help me shake the bloody thing.

Anyway, slack as I am (no posts since November!) I feel its time to catch up, so be warned this could turn in to a bit of a mind dump. Apologies but its for my benefit, not yours!

First thing that comes to mind? Its my daughter Maddie's first birthday on Friday, hooray!

After the initial 6-8 nightmare weeks after she was born she has been an absolute joy. I wonder if the fact that she was born by caesarian had any effect on the personality in those first weeks. She was so unsettled, constantly crying, wanting attention. Its my theory that the shock of being born naturally scares that out of them, they are so bewildered at the birth that they don't realise what's happened for a while. Whereas being lifted from their mother in relative terms is easy for the baby and therefore the they are not scared to let rip. As I said, its just a theory.

Next?: Bloody AV stuff.

Windows Media Server 2005, Laptops, HDD Recorders, TV's, Wireless media blah blah blah. I'm in a complete tiz over how to proceed with my AV stuff at home. I've pretty much decided on the TV but I want to be able to stream media to it from my PC. There are also bloody thousands of HDD recorders out there (well it seems like it), all shapes and bloody sizes and different bloody formats! Oh, I think it will take forever to decide, and by the time I do what I have chosen will be out of date. Aaaarrgggghhh!

Few! Starting to feel better.

Next, Tsunami:

Nightmare, I can't add anything that hasn't been said already. Sometimes we don't know we're born. Those poor people.

Next, Mike Taulty's Blog:

Mike works for Microsoft and I met him in a professional capacity a couple of years ago. Anyhow, he has a very interesting blog that I think gives a slight look inside Microsoft. You can view it here.

Next, sigh!:

A new film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the Director of Amelie, is out now. Its called "Un long dimanche de fiançailles" or in English "A very long engagement". Why do I mention this? Well Mlle. Tautou appears in it, so its bound to be good :-).

It tells the story of a a young woman, Mathilde's relentless search for her fiancée, who has disappeared from the trenches of the Somme during World War One. You can read about it here at IMDB.com

Aaahh, thats better...I'll leave it there for the moment.

No comments: