Thursday, November 18, 2004

'10AM'

There is a small white card sitting on the desk in front of me. On it is written, in pencil, '10AM'.

I mention this because it is not my small white card. It is a card that, as far as I am concerned, has just appeared from thin air. I came to my computer to add an entry to my blog and there it was. I wonder what it means? I keep looking at it and wondering if there is anything on the other side, but for some reason I don't want to turn it over. I like the simplicity of it...10AM.

I wonder what is happening at 10AM, or what happened at 10AM. Sometimes life throws up these little mysteries and you never quite know what will happen next. As an example, a colleague and friend of mine lost his job this week. He was 'asked' to consider his position and ponder whether he should stay. What a terrible thing to have to deal with. Most of us at work just sat doing our jobs, having a reasonably nice time, and this poor guy has his life turned on its head. It hasn't been made clear to anyone why he was asked to leave. Sometimes life throws up these little mysteries. I'm glad all I have to worry about is a little card with a cryptic message on it.

Oh, I've just turned to card over...

No comments: